A pleasant surprise from the Washington Post:
the idea that the United States, the world’s single largest energy consumer, can be independent of the $5 trillion-per-year energy business — the world’s single biggest industry — is ludicrous on its face. The push for energy independence is based on a series of false premises.
They identified five myths about energy independence:
- Energy independence will reduce or eliminate terrorism.
- A big push for alternative fuels will break our oil addiction.
- Energy independence will let America choke off the flow of money to nasty countries.
- Energy independence will mean reform in the Muslim world.
- Energy independence will mean a more secure U.S. energy supply.
And the said the same thing I always say: